Great Ocean Road
Due to erosion, the steep, rocky areas beside the Great Ocean Road had become unstable leading VIC Roads to undertake remedial works to eliminate the risk of falling rock and debris. With the landscape posing a significant challenge, JT Worx proposed an innovative solution which we had developed on previous geotechnical projects.
Our Solutions Involved
- Moving our purpose-built container to the site for easy access to our geotechnical gear
- Accessing the work areas by rope
- Installing drape meshing along the rock faces
- Nailing sections of the face to stabilise it
- Using specially engineered cliff drills that allow safe, effective drilling on vertical surfaces
- Completing the project safely and successfully ahead of schedule.